Commercial condition reports near you in Camberwell (SE15)
Regular electrical safety checks and testing are a legal requirement for all businesses and landlords. The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 states that employers are responsible for health and safety in the workplace. The Electricity at Work Regulations require precautions against personal injury and death. Businesses lay themselves open to prosecution if their people are not protected against electrical injuries at work.
It is essential that EICRs are carried out regularly because electrical installations deteriorate over time, along with any remedial work. Test frequencies can vary but include:
- Every five years for schools, colleges, universities and other educational establishments
- Every five years for commercial and retail premises
- Every three years for leisure facilities, cinemas and theatres
- Every year for swimming pools
- Every three years for buildings which serve the industrial sector
- Every six months for construction sites
We are flexible and can ensure that your business is not disrupted by our service. We have an exemplary health and safety record. We provide an in-depth fixed wire text, testing for wear and tear and look for visual damage.
Areas of testing include sockets, light fittings, supply points and wiring accessories and we test for the correct functionality of connections and cables.
Lambeth EICRs for landlords: Your electrical obligations
Are you a landlord or letting agent who requires electrical safety certification for your rental property? Failure to protect your tenants can result in large fines, invalidated insurance policies and even imprisonment.
By law, landlords must ensure that:
- Electrical installations in the rental property are in a safe condition at the beginning and throughout the duration of the tenancy
- That an EICR is carried out every five years by a qualified electrician
- All appliances are safe and have the CE marking
- There is a smoke alarm on every floor of a rental property
We offer home buyers and house buyers’ electrical tests and reports in Camberwell
With any large purchase it is important to thoroughly test it before you buy and the electrical system is a key component of any home. The last thing you need after buying a new property is shelling out more money to rectify electrical issues.
We can provide a thorough and detailed report of all the electrics within the property you wish to buy and it will safely identify whether occupants are safe to live within it and what the costs would be to fix any issues that have come to light.