Electrical Installation Condition Report for Landlords EICR
Make sure you meet the new legal requirements for rental properties
From the 1st of July 2020, new legislations are in place which require all private rental premises to have regular Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR) carried out. Failure to meet these new requirements can result in substantial fines.
We have been busy preparing a number of services to help private landlords meet the legal requirements and take the hassle out of the changes.
What Do You Need To Do?
Quite simply, if you are renting out a property, either residential or commercially, you must get the electrics tested before April 2021. Once tested, you have 30 days to carry out recommendations. If you fail to make these changes within the required period, another test (and associated costs) will be required and then you have another 30 day period to carry out the changes.
Private Residence and Landlords
Prices for the Landlord EICR tests start from £175 per property*
|EICR For Landlords|
(owning 1 or more property)
|6+||Call for a quote|
All prices are subject to VAT
The charges for EICR relate if the FUSE BOARD at the property does not exceed 10 breakers/ways.
Any ADDITIONAL FUSE BOARDS will be charged at £50+vat (testing of the breakers is not included).
The breakers will be tested at £20+vat per breaker.
Prices are based on properties with standard room layouts.
EXTRA dining rooms, living rooms, studies, playrooms, sheds, and summer houses will be considered as additional bedrooms charged at £30 each.
Commercial EICR £260+vat covering up to 5-way consumer unit
- Parking and any other charges will be applied in addition to the listed prices
- Fire and smoke alarm recommendations will be included in the final EICR we provide
- Free estimates will be given for any of the recommendations for non-compliances identified
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) can be provided for an additional £30 + VAT. This covers up to 10 appliances. Additional appliances are £3 per unit.
Commercial properties are also covered under the new law changes too so it is extremely important that if you are responsible for a property then you need to ensure you carry out a suitable EICR as soon as possible.
- We will provide a full EICR for £260 + VAT for a property with a consumer unit up to 10 breakers (circuits). Any additional circuits will be charged at £20 + VAT per circuit.
- Site visit will need to be pre-booked for large properties.
- Recommendations for fire alarm system and emergency lighting will be included in our EICR
- Free estimates provided on all non-complient items from the EICR
So happy with the service. Fast and tidy and even saved me money on the quote too.
Needed a new consumer unit after fitting a new kitchen. Absolutely impressed with Michael and his team
Definitely recommend MD Bespoke after they replaced all the lights in my flat to LED. Saved me so much money and the finish is amazing