Our Terms and Conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions carefully.
Incorporation of Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of our services and goods by You (the Customer or you).
- We are MDBS Electrical Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under number 11023069 (the Supplier or us or we).
- These are the terms and conditions on which we sell all our Services to You. Any agreement to carry out work made between You and Us shall be subject tom these terms and conditions.
- The Customer or You means the person to which we are providing our services.
- The Supplier or Us or We means the MDBS Electrical Ltd who is providing services to You.
- Goods means any goods that we supply to you with the Services.
- Services means any services or work provided to the Customer.
- The description of the Services and any Goods is as set out in our website, or other forms of communication.
- In the case of Services made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- We can make changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of those changes.
- You must co-operate with us in all matters relating to the Services
- If the Services are to be carried out on your premises or any other site at your request, you must provide us and our authorized engineers with free and safe access.
- You must provide us with all relevant information required to carry out/perform the Services.
- Failure to comply with the above is a Customer default which entitles us to suspend our Services until you solve it. If you fail to solve it following our request, we can terminate any Agreement or Contract with immediate effect on written notice to you.
Basis of Sale
- The description of any Services in our website or other form of advertisement does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Services.
- Any quotation or estimate of Fees (as defined below) is valid for a maximum period of 30 working days from its date unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
- Our quotations are based on information provided.
- Any quotation either in verbal or written form is not an offer and may be withdrawn or modified if required.
- Our fixed price quotations are valid for 30 days and do not form any part of contractual obligation until agreed by both parties.
- We will quote and charge for all work to be carried out at your request, whether exploratory or otherwise and, in particular, we reserve the right to instruct out our engineers or contractors to work overtime to comply with your delivery requirements, in which case we may charge you the cost of such overtime.
- Any work completed outside of the scope of any quote or estimate at the time of the work taking place will incur an additional charge in respect of time and materials used.
Fees and Payment
- Our fees may be calculated on a fixed fee rate or on a standard day work rate basis.
- Where projects involve separate first and second fix works, or are more than 1 day in duration, staged invoices may be raised.
- Payment for services must be made in full upon receipt of an invoice. Payment can be made via bank transfer to the account listed on the bottom left of the invoice. You are also welcomed to call the office between 9am -5pm (Monday to Friday) to process the payment on a card machine.
- In the event of any non-payment, we will refer the case to a debt collection agency. If such situation occurs, you will be liable for payment of interest charges, plus the debt collection company charges and any legal fees incurred.
- We reserve the right to postpone or stop the work if invoice payment is not made on time.
- Booking an appointment with MDBS Electrical shall mean the Client agrees with the price and details of the quotation received and also agrees to these terms and conditions.
- We will only issue a receipt for payment upon a client’s request.
- During any job being carried out, if any materials are required, our engineers will leave the work site to source materials locally. This will be considered as chargeable labour hours.
Work on site
- We will deliver the Services within a reasonable time.
- All Electrical installation work will comply with British Standards and Regulations and Building Regulations.
- Electrical Installation Certificates and Minor Works certificates and Building Regulations notifications issued by MDBS Electrical Ltd cover only those works installed by MDBS Electrical Ltd.
- Jobs involving more extensive electrical works such as rewires, chasing the walls, installing new spotlights etc., may require decorating works. Our electrical quotes do not include making good walls and ceilings after work.
- It is the responsibility of the client to move or protect all personal property, equipment and items which may be damaged or effected by dust during electrical works.
Withdrawal and cancellations
- You can withdraw the Order/Booking by letting us know well in advance in writing.
- Please note: Any cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice, will incur a fee of £150 plus VAT. This also applies when our engineers cannot access the property/site to carry out work.
- If our engineers will arrive at a job where nobody is present at the specified time, this will also be classed as a cancellation and will incur additional fees.
- We will undertake to use reasonable skill and care in carrying out the work and to use materials, which are of satisfactory quality and free from defects.
- We are a member of TrustMark and covered by a 6-year work guarantee.
- Cables installed during property rewires are covered by a 30-year manufacturer’s warrant
- Any damage to the electrical installation by third parties shall remain the responsibility of the client. Any rectification costs must be paid by the client and recovery of such costs from any third party will be the client’s responsibility.
- If you are unhappy with any of our services, it is important that you let us know.
- Any complaints we aim to handle quickly, effectively and in a fair and honest way.
- All complaints are taken seriously. The information gained from investigating the complaints is used to help us improve the service we provide. We treat all complaints in confidence.
- You can make a complaint in person, by telephone call or by email.
- We will keep you informed about the progress of your complaint.
- We aim to resolve all complaints as soon as possible.
- Your Privacy is very important to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regards to your personal information.
- Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide our Services to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Services to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by Data Protection Laws.