Does your Farleigh home need rewiring? Look out for these signs
Old and modern homes might need rewiring. Old wiring might cause regular blown fuses, flickering lights and in the worst cases, could cause fires or electrical shocks.
If any of these features are present in your property, please ring us!
- Black rubber-coated cables or cables covered in lead or fabric
- You rely on extension cords to supply enough power in certain rooms
- A fuse board with a wooden back, cast iron switches or an array of circuit boxes
- Sockets mounted on skirting boards or mounted on a walls in bathrooms
- Two-prong and old round-pin sockets
- Round light switches
- Sockets or plugs with scorch or burn marks
- Damage or cracks around electrical equipment
Rewiring work can vary from a few new sockets and switches, to a complete rewire, where electrical sockets, switches, all cabling are replaced, along with a new consumer unit. This will take around four days to complete depending on the size of the property and can be done while you are in the property or while it is vacant. Sometimes re-plastering and decorating work is necessary but this will be discussed before any work is done.
For more information about your wiring, read our blog on: How safe is the wiring in your home?