Following a leak in a flat upstairs in a property in Streatham Hill, the landlord of a rented accommodation called us in a panic as the electrics had suffered short-circuiting and were in a very bad state and the tenants needed power as quickly as possible.
To assess the damage we recommended that we first carry out an Electrical Installation Condition Report to determine the full extent of how bad the flood had damaged the property.
It quickly transpired that the damage was much worse than we first thought and a complete rewire was required as some of the original cabling was not up to current regulation standards.
As the work was so extensive, this was all carried out through the insurance company and we were required to present a variety of cost-documents so the landlord was able to prove the final costs.
During the work, we were also able to add new plug points in the kitchen and also repair damaged wiring within the bathroom which would not have passed the regulation checks following the rewiring work due to it’s age.
Are you a landlord and worried about the safety of your rental property and it’s electrics? We provide a full range of services, contact us for more today.