One of our long-established customers had contacted us to carry out bathroom replacement. The property was let out for a considerable period of time. In between the tenancies, the bathroom needed replacement due to its age and wear and tear.
The client wished for a simple, cost-efficient and durable design. The time was of the essence, as she wanted to get new tenants in as soon as possible. We worked fast to create a work schedule to suit the client and us. We also helped the client to select the most suitable materials.
Our work consisted of:
- supplying and fitting a new bath
- supplying and fitting new bath tap and shower hose
- installing a new towel rail
- Installing a new shower screen
- Installing a new mirrored cabinet
- Installing a new bath frame and new bath panel
- Repair and paint bathroom ceiling
One of the challenges we faced on this job was around tile installation. As the old bath was curved and the client wished for a new rectangular bath, the new tiles had to be carefully pieced in. We worked closely to find the closest match to the existing wall and floor tiles and grout. It was not that straightforward as tile designs and stock in shops change every few months. Teamwork and perseverance resulted in beautifully matched and finished results and a very happy client.