Do I need an EICR?
If you have ever wondered if you need an EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report), the answer is yes. Whether you own your own home or a property, which you rent out, or you are responsible for a non-domestic property, an EICR is always necessary.
Home-owners: Whilst it may not be a legal requirement within owner-occupied homes to have an EICR, home owners should have their electrics tested regularly, to ensure they are safe to use and are functioning correctly. This will minimise the chance of electrical faults, which could lead to electric shocks or fire and even be a risk to life. EICRs are often recommended during the house buying and selling process.
Businesses: Employers are legally responsible for the health and safety of their employees under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. They are also required to safeguard staff against the risk of injury sustained from electricity used during work conditions under the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
Landlords: Landlords have a duty of care towards their tenants under The Landlords and Tenants Act 1985, and this ensures checking the electrics within their rental properties are safe at the start of a tenancy and maintained throughout. EICRs for both landlords and businesses provide proof that they have met their legal obligations and are often required for insurance purposes.
Why choose us for your EICRs or PIRs in and around Frimley (GU15)?
It is normal that electrical installations deteriorate over time. As well as potentially causing safety issues, regulations are being updated regularly to account for safety in the workplace. There are obvious issues that your electrics are unsafe such as fuses tripping, flickering switches and discoloured switches, but much of the system is hidden, so any problems may be invisible.
Why choose us?
- Highly-competitive prices with free quotes at any time and no hidden fees
- We work 365 days a year around our customer’s schedules and always aim to cause minimal disturbance if you are a business, we can organise for testing to be completed out of hours
- We offer a wide range of electrical and property renovation and improvement services, including plumbing, decorating and building works.
- We are NICEIC-registered and approved, which means you can be sure that our work will always meet the highest standards
- We also belong to the TrustMark scheme and hold £10million public liability insurance for your additional peace of mind
- We work throughout the South East and also complete EICRs in X and X
Camberley Home buyer electric reports
Your home is likely to be one of the most expensive and important purchases that you ever make. A normal survey will not go into any detail regarding your electrical installation, so it is essential to get an independent safety test done by a qualified electrician.
We can complete this for you and liaise with estate agents or property managers, if necessary. As well as checking the installation is safe, this test will also highly any current or potential issues. If these could be costly to remedy, this could be used within the property negotiations. We complete home buyer electric reports and EICRs in Aldershot and Grays.