What does an EICR do? How can I get one in area local to Herne Hill?
The EICR test covers everything electrical in your home or commercial property, not just appliances. At MD Bespoke Solutions, we will ensure that a dedicated team of qualified and professional electricians working in your area will come and perform a formal assessment of the electrical installation within a property. Our team will look at operation and safety of all the fixed wiring and highlight and faulty or defective work.
This includes looking at, amongst other things:
- All wiring and its condition
- Identifying any defective or dangerous wiring.
- Highlighting any lack of bonding and earthing
- Identifying any dangerous or rogue electrical work, potentially dangerous ‘quick-fixes’ and DIY solutions that aren’t up to industry standard
- Any changes that have taken place in the house or commercial unit that might lead to unsafe conditions
- Checks on all appliances, sockets and plugs to check efficiency and safety
The formal document produced after the inspection has taken place (the EICR) include codes that will help easily identify the extent of the issues and flag up any areas of concern.
The three codes that our qualified electricians might use in the report will help clarify the issue. These are:
Code 1: There is danger present and occupants are at risk of injury. Immediate action is required.
Code 2: Not as critical as a Code 1 but an issue has been found that is potentially dangerous and installation needs to be brought up to standard. Urgent action is required
Code 3: There isn’t an immediate danger (code 1 or code 2) but it is advised that an issue is resolved to make the system up to standard. Improvement is needed.