Electrical rewiring in Tolworth and Long Ditton
Was your property built more than 30 years ago? Then it is time a professional electrician checked the safety of your electrics. Faulty electrical wiring puts you, your family or staff at risk. We offer complete electrical rewiring in Tolworth, Long Ditton and the nearby regions. All our electricians are NICEIC-approved and work to Part P regulations. Our team are highly experienced when it comes to rewiring homes and commercial properties, including shops, office blocks, hotels and more. We aim for a full rewiring project to cause minimal disruption to you and your day-to-day life.
We also provide a full range of other electrical services including:
- Electrical Installation Condition Reports
- PAT testing
- Landlord certificates
- Consumer unit upgrades
- House extension and loft conversion electrics
- Extra power and lighting points
- Lighting design and installation
- Fault finding and emergency repairs
- Domestic fire alarms
- Commercial fire alarms
- LED lighting
- CCTV installation
- Smart technology
- Garden lighting and security lighting
- Electrical maintenance
We pride ourselves on our strong reputation for quality workmanship carried out the highest health and safety standards, so please call us for a free quote on 020 8265 2061 or 07476 661 777.
How often should my Tolworth property be rewired?
There are no set guidelines about when a property should be rewired. However, the general school of thought is that a property should be rewired:
- After a period of time, usually around 25 years
- When there is a specific problem caused by faulty wiring, which means that it should be replaced
- When a series of problems, such as constantly blowing fuses or tripping RCDs, which suggest a rewire is needed
- When an electrical test is unsatisfactory and says a rewire is needed
- When you have out-of-date types of wiring, such as rubber-insulated wiring
- When there has been a flood or significant water damage to your electrics
An electrical inspection will always highlight any remedial work that needs to be done in order to bring your electrics into line with current health and safety standards.
Replacement consumer units in Tolworth
A consumer unit (sometimes called a fuse box) is the heart of your electrical system. If your fuse board is brown in colour, wooden or has a mixture of fuses, it will need to be replaced. We install the latest and safest 17th Edition consumer units, which reduce the risk of electric shocks, serious injury or electric fires in your home or place of work. When fitting a new consumer unit, all wiring will be tested and inspected to ensure it meets current regulations and we will issue you with a NICEIC certificate for your records.
Our consumer unit upgrades start from £399 and normally take just a few hours. Read more on our blog about how to know when it is time for a new fuse box.
For rewires, consumer unit upgrades and other services in Tolworth, call our local electricians
For more details, please call us now on 020 8265, email email@example.com or put a few basic details into our contact form and we will get back to you.