Professional electricians for rewiring in Ottershaw
When you are buying a new home or selling your property, you may be aware that you will need to rewire your property. If you are buying or selling a home and the electrics are deficient, this will show up in your survey. We are NICEIC-approved electrical contractors, working in Ottershaw, Fleet and the surrounding areas.
While the thought of full house rewiring often fills homeowners with dread because of the disruption and expense, we will endeavour to ensure that the rewire goes as smoothly as possible, the job is done efficiently and afterwards, we will make good and clear up after ourselves. We will also give you all the documentation for your records.
To find out more about our electrical rewiring services, call us today on 020 8265 2061 or 07476 661 777.
Planning a rewire in Ottershaw
You may ask what the best way to plan for a complete rewire of your property. Here are some guidelines:
- Get a quote for the work from at least three qualified Part P electricians. We can come to your property free of charge and give you a no-obligation quote for the work. If some of the installation can be saved, we will recommend a partial rewire. The most thorough way to assess an electrical installation is by conducting an Electrical Installation Condition Report.
- Set your own budget for new light fittings and switches and any other accessories.
- Together with your electrician you should work out what you want, in terms of fitting enough electrical outlets for now and in the future. A house rewire is only done once every 25 years on average, so thinking about your needs in the future will pay off. We are experts in our field, so can help guide you through the process. You will make a list of all the appliances you expect to run now and in the future. Experts suggest tripling the amount of electrical sockets you have now to plan for future use.
- Decide on which electrician you want to use. Make sure you do your research and check sites such as Checkatrade.com. To see a recent rewire in Surbiton, see our blog.
- Get a contract that states what is and what is not included in your full or partial rewire.
Consumer unit upgrades and other electrical services in Ottershaw
We also specialise in consumer unit upgrades (also known as fuse boards and fuse boxes) and our team can install them into your home to the highest standards, with the minimum disruption. All our new consumer units comply to the latest IEE wiring regulations. They all contain modern RCD’s residual current devices, which make your home safer and protect you from the risk of electrical fire and electrocution. Instead of fuses with fuse wire a modern consumer unit has miniature circuit breakers (MCB’s) that can be simply rest if the device has tripped.
We also supply and install:
- Fire alarms
- Smart technology
Contact our local rewiring team in Ottershaw
For more info call 020 8265 206 or 07476 661 777, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an online contact form.